I have a vision of a world in which people talk about what matters.
Because they do, their businesses, careers, and lives flourish.
Their professional and personal relationships thrive.
They get what they want, with authenticy, integrity, and care.
And they make a difference in the world.
When I was a toddler, I turned my parents’ faces toward each other.
I wanted them to see each other – and stop arguing.
That was the beginning of my lifelong quest to understand why people do what they do and say what they say.
And it’s the root of my lifelong conviction that real communication – honest, clear, clean, empathetic communication – is the single most important key to professional success and personal happiness.
What does it take?
What does it take to heal a relationship, negotiate a business deal, or transform conflict into peaceful resolution?
I’ve been told that I’ve saved marriages and helped ease conflict between parents and adult children.
I’ve worked with business founders to negotiate buy-out deals that surpassed their best hopes for resolution.
And I sometimes have to restrain myself from spontaneous happy-dancing as I watch my clients succeed!
I stand for …
Freeing people from the fear of authentic connection with others.
Speaking from the heart even when it’s scary as hell.
Risking the vulnerability of truly understanding other people’s experiences – and allowing them to understand ours.
Communicating honestly about what we want and need.
I believe that empathetic communication can change the world.
Contact me and we’ll schedule a time to talk about how I can help.
Education, training, certifications, memberships, affiliations …
For more on my professional background, please see my LinkedIn profile.
- 25 years in the corporate world, including:
- Director and senior-staff executive at EMC Document Sciences; led the Professional Services and Knowledge Management departments, marketing, selling, and managing six- and seven-figure client projects
- Director and corporate officer at Munich Re America
- External Knowledge Management consultant for Hewlett-Packard, coordinating global KM process initiatives
- Student at the Center for Understanding in Conflict, New York and California
- Foundations of Communities of Practice Graduate Seminar, CPSquare
- Certified Print® Coach
- Coaching Mastery™ Program, Coachville
- Fully-certified Realization Process teacher (meditation, subtle self-work, and embodiment)
- BA with Honors, Writing (Ancient History minor), Bard College, New York
- Association for Talent Development, San Diego: past Board member; 2013 Chapter President
- Association for Talent Development, Northwest Arkansas: member and speaker
- Instructor, University of Arkansas Global Campus, Rogers, Arkansas
- Past Instructor, University of California, San Diego (UCSD) Extension, Career & Life Stages Seminars; Mira Costa Community College Outreach Program
- Author of The Five Deadly Shoulds of Office Politics (available on Amazon).
- Clan Leslie Society International: lineal (direct descent) member.
- 2002 Fastest Knitter in America; appeared on Good Morning America to compete for the World Title.