Speaking & Workshops
You want your event remembered as one where people learned something useful and enjoyed themselves.
You want new concepts and unique perspectives presented in a refreshing, interactive way, with give-and-take between audience members and the speaker.
And you really, really don’t want PowerPoint bullets.
I love seeing my audience wake up to the topic, engaging with each other and with me as they learn, ask questions, express opinions and feelings – and laugh out loud.
People at my presentations think, interact, enjoy, and learn. They leave with new perspectives, new ways of thinking about themselves, and practical ideas they can put into practice immediately.
All topics are available as a keynote, breakout session, lunch-and-learn, or extended workshop.
Grace is professional, articulate, and has a great sense of humor. I have had the pleasure of going to her workshops and always walk away with something that significantly helps me as an entrepreneur. She integrates her vast knowledge and experience with practical applications to make ideas clear and usable. I try never to miss any workshop she facilitates.
~ Nancy Kay, licensed counselor & certified coach, Self Aware 101, Fayetteville, Arkansas
Negotiation for Nice People: achieve your goals and strengthen your relationships
You’d rather compromise than risk damaging important relationships.
You’re frustrated because people don’t respond when you ask for what you want.
You’d really like to be able to achieve your goals without being viewed as demanding, pushy, or tough.
Ghosts, zombies, and other barriers to communication
You’ve experienced it: that moment when a conversation goes badly wrong, and you don’t know why.
It’s simple: you were ghosted … or maybe zombied. (Yes, ghosts and zombies are real, and yes, they will haunt you and eat your brains – though not like in the movies!)
Saying No and Staying Nice: reclaim your schedule, strengthen your relationships
It’s a short, all-too-well trodden path from yes to overwhelmed – and then on to frustrated and resentful.
Yet it’s hard to say no to someone we like – someone needing help – and especially our boss!
This program avoids the tired cliches (no oxygen masks required!) while providing practical, applicable, easy-to-remember ways to say no while still staying nice.
Office politics: the elephant in the conference room
Oh, the perils of office politics … and oh, how much we all hate to play that game!
Yet when you shift your perspective and recognize what politics really involve (it’s not what you think), you gain important communication skills that you can feel good about using.
The Challenges of Change Leadership: simple tools for effective leadership in a world of constant disruption
It seems as if disruption is the “new black” – everywhere we turn these days, industries are being disrupted, companies are being disrupted, entire countries and governments are being disrupted.
But we can become leaders of our own change process – and thereby become able to help our teams and colleagues adapt to disruption with resilience and confidence.
Dealing with Difficult People: staying sane in the face of irrationality
We’ve all got difficult people in our lives. They’re the micro-managers, the yellers, the stubborn ones, and, yes, the abusers. They’re the ones whose communication, leadership, or teamwork styles are so different from ours that it seems as if we’ll never get onto the same page.
Take heart. There are ways to cope – unconventional, perhaps; counter-intuitive, maybe; surprisingly simple, for sure.
Book me to speak at your event or conduct a workshop
Let’s set a time to discuss location, schedule, and topic. Feel free to put yourself on my calendar (below), or contact me here.
My speaking and teaching experience includes
- National Council for Marketing & Public Relations (keynote at the District 6 Annual Conference)
- The Global Campus, University of Arkansas
- University of California, San Diego (UCSD) – Faculty and Staff Programs
- UCSD Extension, Career and Life Stages Seminars
- Mira Costa Community College, Community Outreach Programs
- The Association for Talent Development (ATD), San Diego (annual conference breakout)
- The Association for Talent Development (ATD), Northwest Arkansas chapter
- The Project Management Institute (PMI), San Diego (annual conference breakout)
- Northwest Arkansas Technology Summit / Business Breakthrough U
- Northwest Arkansas BizCon
- The Self-Employment Telesummit (2010 and 2011)
- National Association of Women Business Owners (multiple chapters)
- Genentech Professional Women’s Group
- Women in Teradata
- Women in Technology International (WITI), San Diego
- Arvest Investing in Women
- American Busineswomen’s Association (ABWA) (multiple chapters)
- The Carlsbad, California Chamber of Commerce
- The Greater Bentonville, Arkansas Chamber of Commerce