first-line managers and supervisors
and their leaders
you can be the inspirational, motivational, get-things-done leader you want to be (and your team deserves)
Leadership isn’t easy.
Especially in today’s world of part-remote, virtual, work-from-home / work-on-site, dotted-line / matrixed management – yikes. Confusing.
Are you wondering … now what? Or maybe you’re thinking…
- I feel like a fraud – am I actually supposed to be in this role?
- I’m worried my team won’t like me – or, even worse, won’t follow my direction.
- I’m afraid of making a bad decision and costing my company money – or losing a client!
- I just want to feel respected as a leader.
- I hate office politics!
- I’m uncertain about speaking up in management meetings.
- I feel like I don’t have a life any more, there’s so much to do to keep up with work.
- I struggle with delegation – what if they don’t do it right?
- I have people on my team who don’t report to me. How do I get them to complete their tasks?
What if you could feel confident, respected, and more than ready to succeed as a leader?
In the year plus that we worked together, there were a lot of changes that I was going through. Having your coaching helped me stay grounded through that transition and change. What we talked about was very practical, so that I could then go apply it.
My original reasons for working with you were related to corporate politics and improving communication. What I found was much more in-depth discussions on those topics and much more. It was all connected – keeping promises to yourself and others, thinking about what’s true for yourself and others, understanding when you’re telling yourself “stories” and what’s actually true.
~ Lauren Pickwoad
As a recovering executive myself, I get the challenges and conflicts of leadership.
You want to be decisive … but you don’t want to be mean.
You want to share your expertise, opinions, and ideas … but you don’t want to look foolish.
You want to stay calm in the face of conflict … but you definitely don’t want to be anyone’s doormat.
You want your team to enjoy working for you … but you’re not sure how to inspire and motivate them.
You want to negotiate with confidence … but you’d hate to be called aggressive, demanding, or (if you’re a woman) the dreaded B word.
(Actually, there are two B words*. You don’t want to be called either of them!)
* bossy and bitch
I learned the hard way. You don’t have to.
I spent over 16 years in leadership positions, advancing into executive leadership, corporate officer, and the senior leadership team, reporting directly to the CEO.
I understand the challenges of being in a leadership role, managing remote employees, working with internal and external clients and managers who more than once told me, in so many words, that what I was proposing to accomplish wasn’t possible. (They were wrong.)
I’ve taught classes on change leadership, communication, and navigating office politics for multiple university and college extension schools. And I’ve led private coaching groups for women managers.
Grace blends her vast corporate knowledge and experience with her outside-the-box thinking, creating results that are immediately applicable while creating pathways for a new approach to whatever you are doing. I truly enjoy working with Grace, as she is not afraid to disagree nor is she afraid to laugh. Both are qualities I find refreshing and critical to any change process.
~ Shannon Thompson, Executive Director, Shakti Rising, San Diego CA
Did you know that 60% of new managers fail in their first year?
I’ve been where you are, and I know I can help make sure YOU are one of the successful ones.
Empowered Leadership: an
8-week breakthrough program to supercharge your leadership skill
This program is a synthesis of all my corporate experience, plus the learning, practices, concepts, skills, and exercises I’ve developed and taught to clients since I became an executive coach in 2005.
Imagine if you could…
- Simply know you’re a good leader
- Stop worrying about being judged by your colleagues
- Know how to inspire and motivate your team so they’re eager to do their best for you
- Present solutions, projects, and ideas calmly and with confidence – and become known as a thought leader within your organization and even in your industry
- Use negotiation tactics that fit your style and personality and achieve your goals
- Become known for clear, concise communication that gets the results you want
- Approach conflict and disagreement with calm confidence in your ability to reach a successful resolution
- Feel confident, powerful, and respected as a leader!
You can be a respected, strong, highly-effective leader who inspires and motivates your team to excel.
Module One – Lead with Confidence: define your unique leadership style and excel as a leader
Discover your personal leadership strengths and qualities, develop confidence in your innate leadership capacity, and build trust with your team and your management as you step into your power as a leader.
Module Two – Manage your Inner Critic: stop the rotten-tomato fight in your head
Learn to dial down the volume on your Inner Critic so you overcome imposter syndrome / fraud factor and exponentially increase your confidence and credibility as a leader.
Module Three – Professional Empathy: instantly connect with and influence the people who matter
Learn the tools of understanding and empathy so you can make connections, motivate your team, and gain respect as a thought leader and valuable contributor.
Module Four – Advanced Communication: influence, impress, and inform your team, co-workers, and leadership
Amaze yourself, your team, and your management with the nuanced power of word choice to convey ideas, spark creativity, offer feedback, and navigate office politics with ease and grace; learn to speak powerfully to your peers, team, and management.
Module Five – Manage Effectively: inspire, motivate, and guide your team to peak performance
Resolve the challenges of delegation, feedback, coaching, and the nuances of managing remote workers and matrixed or dotted-line reporting structures.
Module Six – Conflict Transformation: taking the “aaack” out of difficult conversations
Transform conflict, disagreement, and emotional reactivity so you can develop the relationships you want with (and within) your team, your management peers, and the executive team.
Module Seven – Negotiation for Nice People: achieve your goals without compromising your integrity
Learn the negotiation skills that will gain you recognition and prosperity and strengthen your relationships.
Module Eight – Sustainable Success: maintain your momentum on your path to further advancement
Maintain your momentum by evaluating progress, tracking successful habits, and keeping your purpose in mind so you stay motivated and focused as a leader.
Each module includes…
Handouts and worksheets, including practices, tools, and journaling prompts.
60-minute one-on-one consultation and coaching session, conducted over video conference line and recorded for you to refer back to. (Video optional!)
Email support throughout, for questions and coaching in between sessions and modules.
Extras and bonuses…
StrengthsFinder 2.0 (CliftonStrengths from Gallup), with the passcode to take the StrengthsFinder test on the Gallup website and learn your top five strengths. We’ll use this to understand more about your unique leadership talents and qualities.
Personalized hardcopy journal for your thoughts, insights, and inspirations during and after the program.
Edit like a Pro digital self-study class, with video, handouts, and checklist. You’ll learn to edit your writing like a pro. Whether you’re writing articles, books, or everyday emails, your writing will never again stand in the way of getting your message across. Quite the opposite: you’ll discover the power of the written word to impress, convince, and inform.
The Five Deadly Shoulds of Office Politics: how they mangle your career (and what to do about them) – THE manual on navigating office politics with ease.
The next step is simple
Put yourself on my calendar by choosing one of these two free strategy sessions.
The Leadership Power Profile for individuals
Are you seeking to become a respected, effective, powerful leader? This session is for you! In it, we’ll:
- Identify the three top reasons you may not be connecting with your team (in-person, virtual, and/or matrixed)
- Discover the #1 mistake that’s causing you and your team to be unproductive and miss deadlines
- Uncover the hidden factors that are holding you back
- Name the most important next step you can take to become the strong, confident leader you know you want to be – and your team deserves.
The Leadership Gap Analysis for organizations
Are you a leader of managers who aren’t quite leaders? This is for you! We’ll:
- Identify the reasons why your managers are struggling to meet deadlines or deliver quality results
- Find the key that helps your managers become efficient and effective, unlocking time in their day and enabling them to become “super-managers”
- Learn why your managers may be losing employees to dis-engagement and turnover
- Determine the most impactful next step you can take to help your managers become strong, confident leader.