Speaking & Workshops – Virtual and In-Person
How much did your attendees actually use from that last conference or workshop?
That’s not meant to be mean or snarky.
It’s just that I hate seeing people spend good money and precious time creating and attending programs … and then struggle to implement what they’ve learned.
You want your event remembered as one where people learned something useful and enjoyed themselves.
You want new tools and unique perspectives presented in a refreshing, interactive way, with give-and-take between audience members and the speaker.
And you really, really don’t want PowerPoint bullets.
You want your attendees to wake up to the topic, engaging with each other and with me as they learn, ask questions, express opinions and feelings – and laugh out loud.
People in my workshops think, interact, enjoy, and learn. They leave with new perspectives, new ways of thinking about themselves, and practical tools and ideas they can – and do – put into practice immediately.
All topics are available as a lunch-and-learn, breakout session, or extended workshop.
Virtual workshops from my office video studio are a specialty!
I’m your partner in creating an event that educates, entertains, energizes, and creates a lasting effect for your attendees.
And I’ve been conducting virtual programs since the days of telephone conference calls. What a great thing it’s been to move to video, with breakouts, Q&A options, and the opportunity to see faces as well as content!
Grace is professional, articulate, and has a great sense of humor. I have had the pleasure of going to her workshops and always walk away with something that significantly helps me as an entrepreneur. She integrates her vast knowledge and experience with practical applications to make ideas clear and usable. I try never to miss any workshop she facilitates.
~ Nancy Kay, licensed counselor & certified coach, Self Aware 101, Fayetteville, Arkansas
Presentation given at the symposium “The Power With(in)”
at the Fayetteville Public Library
All programs include an email follow-up series with prompts for using the tools and practices. Prices start at $350 for a one-hour virtual program on any of the topics below. Custom and extended programs available; click here to start the conversation!
Change Leadership & the Emotions of Change: simple tools for effective leadership in a world of constant disruption
Does the idea of change tie your stomach in knots? Or maybe you’ve watched someone come undone when their normal routine is disrupted? (And what’s more disruptive right now than the COVID-19 pandemic?)
Change initiatives often fail because of the emotions they evoke, usually because those emotions are glossed over or ignored. Discover the science behind why we respond the way we do and learn simple tools to manage the emotional impact of change – so you can keep yourself and your team moving forward!
Negotiation for Nice People: achieve your goals and strengthen your relationships
You’d rather compromise than risk damaging important relationships.
You’re frustrated because people don’t respond when you ask for what you want.
You’d really like to be able to achieve your goals without being viewed as demanding, pushy, or tough.
Ghosts, zombies, and other barriers to communication
You’ve experienced it: that moment when a conversation goes badly wrong, and you don’t know why.
It’s simple: you were ghosted … or maybe zombied. (Yes, ghosts and zombies are real, and yes, they will haunt you and eat your brains – though not like in the movies!)
Office politics: the elephant in the conference room
Oh, the perils of office politics … and oh, how much we all hate to play that game!
Yet when you shift your perspective and recognize what politics really involve (it’s not what you think), you gain important communication skills that you can feel good about using.
Managing your Inner Critic: how to stop the rotten-tomato fight in your head
Your inner critic is holding you back. It’s keeping you stuck, preventing you from doing what you dream of doing and being who you truly are.
Waiting for the inner critic to get quiet and go away just doesn’t work. Ever.
Instead, you can learn to turn down the volume on the inner critic and take action on the things that matter to you.
Grace is not only a great speaker but does it with a sense of humor and ease. She presents information in an easy to understand format and is very well versed in the subject matter. We learned techniques to better communicate with one another and gained a new perspective on empathy for others. We only wish there had been more time for additional discussion! We will definitely have her back again.
~ Michele Love, Marketing & Talent Development Manager, Benchmark Group
Want to learn more?
Let’s set a time to discuss your audience and desired outcomes!
My speaking and teaching experience includes
- National Council for Marketing & Public Relations (keynote at the District 6 Annual Conference)
- The Global Campus, University of Arkansas (multiple programs)
- University of California, San Diego (UCSD) – Faculty and Staff Programs
- UCSD Extension, Career and Life Stages Seminars
- Mira Costa Community College, Community Outreach Programs
- Leggett & Platt, Carthage, Missouri
- Cornerstone Bank, Northwest Arkansas
- Berryville Chamber of Commerce, Berryville, Arkansas (multiple workshops)
- The Association for Talent Development (ATD), San Diego (annual conference breakout)
- The Association for Talent Development (ATD), Northwest Arkansas chapter (multiple programs)
- The Association for Talent Development (ATD), Tulsa, Arkansas chapter
- The Project Management Institute (PMI), San Diego (annual conference breakout)
- The Project Management Institute (PMI), Northwest Arkansas chapter (multiple programs)
- Institute of Management Consultants, San Diego
- NOARK – the Northwest Arkansas chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Lee Hecht Harrison, San Diego
- ODNet – Organization Development Network, San Diego chapter
- Senior Human Resources Executives’ Round Table, San Diego
- Usability Professionals Association / Computer-Human Interaction Special Interest Group, San Diego chapter
- ChildCare Aware Conference, Northwest Arkansas
- Dress for Success, Northwest Arkansas (multiple programs)
- Northwest Arkansas BizCon, Rogers, Arkansas
- Businesswomen’s Conference, Rogers, Arkansas (2018 and 2019)
- Eureka Springs Chamber of Commerce, Eureka Springs, Arkansas
- Berryville Chamber of Commerce, Berryville, Arkansas
- The Self-Employment Telesummit (two years in a row)
- Women in Construction, Northwest Arkansas
- National Association of Women Business Owners (multiple chapters)
- Genentech Professional Women’s Group, Oceanside, California
- Women in Teradata, San Diego
- Edward Jones women’s group, Bentonville, Arkansas
- Qualcomm Learning Center, San Diego
- Women in Technology International (WITI), San Diego
- DownTown Women’s Club, San Diego
- American Society of Women Accountants, San Diego chapter
- American Society for Quality, San Diego chapter
- Arvest Investing in Women, Rogers, Arkansas
- Benchmark Group, Rogers, Arkansas
- Transplace Leaders’ Forum, Lowell, Arkansas
- American Busineswomen’s Association (ABWA) (multiple chapters)
- North County Personnel Association, San Diego
- CaféNet, San Diego
- The Carlsbad, California Chamber of Commerce
- The Greater Bentonville, Arkansas Chamber of Commerce
- Numerous podcasts